DEATH * BY * METH

This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Miller convicted of murder

Miller convicted of murder
by Tom CoombeEditor

Frank Miller of Ely has been found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.Both the guilty verdict and sentence came late Thursday night at the St. Louis County Courthouse in Virginia, at the conclusion of a six-day trial and after about nine hours of deliberations by an eight-man, four-woman jury, which determined that Miller, 31, kidnapped and murdered Travis Holappa of Embarrass in July, 2004.Miller was convicted on all four counts brought forward by prosecutors, including two counts of kidnapping, one count of first-degree murder and another count of first-degree murder in conjunction with a kidnapping.Judge James Florey vacated the first three convictions and sentenced Miller on the fourth, which allows for the life without parole sentence.“You’re not going to have a very good life,” Florey told Miller during the sentencing. “But you brought that on yourself... There’s no doubt in my mind that the state has proven its case and you were responsible for the death of Travis Holappa.”

Read more of this article at: http://www.elyecho.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=7316


Comments? (Travis' mother)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that there has been some closure in this case...

My family has been following the trial long-distance (my brother and I and our spouses from the Twin Cities and my mom from Nebraska!). Even after I moved away from Virginia, Travis was on my mind and in my prayers quite a bit - when we first found out he was missing, my husband asked, "Is he the one you used to call 'Mooch'?" I said yes, and he said, "No way - I liked that kid!" I'm happy that I'll get to see him again someday in heaven...

Just read in the MDN online that Jason Anderson was officially sentenced as well. What a waste of so many young lives!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im happy to see that this coward is gonna get what he deserves RIP TRAVIS

Monday, April 03, 2006 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think frank Miller's friends should be questioned about the murder, what if there were others who helped him kill travis,I just hope that if others were involved that they to would go to prison

Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kim DeLuna said...

All parties involved have served their sentences except Frank Miller who is retained for life without parole.

Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home