This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Defendant admits on stand that he took meth, killed wife

May says he was distraught over their impending divorce
By Malaika Fraley, STAFF WRITER

REDWOOD CITY — High on methamphetamine and armed with kitchen shears, Lawrence May went to his therapist's office building to threaten suicide and prove to his estranged wife how much he loved her. Instead, he killed her, May said.
May, 50, took the stand at the close of his murder trial this week to recount the events of March 25, 2004, the night Daly City marriage-and-family therapist Sharen Sulpizio May was stabbed more than 100 times in a San Mateo office building after a meeting about the custody of the couple's three children.

Following closing arguments, the case went to the jury late Tuesday. If convicted of first-degree murder, May faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

May has testified that he doesn't remember killing his wife, doesn't remember the police who pulled him away from her lifeless body, and doesn't remember the blood all over his hands, the walls and the floor. But, May said, he knows it happened.

During the full day of testimony Monday, May at one moment would sob about the divorce he was desperate to stop and the next moment say he and his wife could have saved their 13-year marriage.

He talked about being unable to keep his family together.

He said over and over that he can neither remember nor accept his wife's murder.

"I would never do that. I wanted us to be together forever and ever and ever," May said.

"But you just told us that you did kill your wife, am I right?" prosecutor Sean Gallagher asked.

"I did," May said.

May said that on March 25, 2004, two days after the stay-at-home dad was served with divorce papers, he walked out on his second-custody mediation session a half-hour before Sulpizio May because he didn't want to sign

papers that afforded him less than equal timehis with children.

May said he went to the parking lot and sat in the family van filled with the children's toys, art supplies


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home