DEATH * BY * METH

This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Teen Challenge Graduates Renew Wedding Vows (Tennessee)

Teen Challenge Graduates Renew Wedding Vows

For a drug addict, making to the point of recovery takes courage and perseverance.
For one Tennessee Valley family it also has rewards .
They have the life they've always dreamed of, back on track.

It took eighteen months for Jesse Williams to make it here: It's graduation night.
Jesse Williams says, “I'm very blessed.”
Jesse and her husband Jonathon, entered Teen Challenge, a Christian based recovery program -- after the couple were BOTH arrested on Meth charges.

Jonathon explains, “It started out with us doing drugs and it got so bad, we just needed help and the law intervened and we both went to jail for it.”

Their three children were taken away by the state.
It wasn't until Jonathon reached out to Jesse that she signed up for the Teen Challenge program.

Jesse says, “Today, to me is about a second chance, about putting the past behind me, about being able to start again with my family and my husband.”
The graduation is over -- and Jesse dashes out.
Changing into a white wedding gown -- so the couple can renew their vows.
Jesse explains, “White means I'm not the same person I used to be. I'm now white as snow as the word says.”
It is a day the couple have waited a long time for and for Jesse, walking down the aisle this time holds new meaning -- and the renewal of their vows -- is a symbol of their hope to start a new life together.
Jesse vows to Jonathon, “Our fresh start together is more than I could ever hope for.”
The children will soon be reunited with their parents.
The family plans to live together in the East Lake community where all three children will be attending new schools.

http://www.newschannel9.com/engine.pl?station=wtvc&id=5706&template=breakout_story1.shtml&dateformat=%25M+%25e,%25Y

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karly Cordaloni,
http://teenchallengecult.blogspot.com/

This is a biased anti-TC website which censors positive feedback for the organization.
User comments that are favorable to TC are deleted.
This is a proven fact.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonifay, FL (West FL Teen Challenge Boys Ranch) regularly has volunteers, typically retirees who come and help out around the place living in RVs on site.

Here's a first hand account.

http://billanddolly.wordpress.com/2007/03/08/florida-bound/

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son has been enrolled at Teen Challenge Bonifay since June 2006. It has been a rewarding and life changing experience for him. He had a two-week Christmas visit and a two-week "re-entry" visit back home with family. His reactions to situations and demeaner are entirely different than when he first enrolled and he is returning to the son we knew and loved as a child.

The ranch is regularly monitored by county agencies and suprise inspections are frequently carried out without incident. This is a military style camp with firm strict rules, but my son has flourished with the consistency and discipline with love.

I could not see sending my son to a facility that would use drugs to control him nor could I see the benefit of a psychobable facility to rationalize his behaviour.

This is just what he needed to get his head screwed on straight. There is a proper amount of discipline blended with classroom, bible study and mentorship. As students progress through the program and show improvement they are given the opportunity to lead and mentor the newer students.

Its not a facility with ex-military drill instructors harrassing the boys 24/7. Its Christian men held to high standards of integrity and peers of the boys who have demonstrated a level of trust and accountability. There are also a number of ladies in teaching and facilitating roles.

Further, the students are kept busy with regular chores and exercise. This is a working farm and they do supply some of their own food items. Its a good way to give a young man some responsibility and have him gain self-worth through accomplishment.

There is also free time for swimming or fishing in the lake, playing board games, chess, table tennis, weight lifting, horse riding, reading, etc. My son is teaching himself to play the accoustic guitar.

The students are rewarded for acheiving school goals with field trips. My son has gone deep-sea fishing on a coulple of occasions, for example. During the yearly rodeo, in town, a large number of the boys are allowed to attend. There are opportunities for community service and missions trips both in the states and outside the U.S.A. as well.

Yes, the phone calls are monitored via speaker-phone. I haven't seen the need to discuss anything that couldn't be overheard by a dorm full of boys and I've never been cut off.

My son is in the best shape emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually that he has ever been.

All in all, its a great program.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son is also a graduate student from the Bonifay Teen Challenge this 2007 year, and I can tell you this personally. Not only did it save my son's life, it restored him to his father and I, as well as help restoring our family as a whole.

Teen Challenge did not change my son, God gave Teen Challenge to us as a tool to use.

My son is also in the best shape emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually that he has ever been.

As far as phone calls go, I have never had them not return my call or hang up on me. However, we never discussed anything that the pastors or staff could not hear.

My son knows that we 100 percent support Teen Challenge in their rules. That makes a big difference in how the program will succeed with a child.

I knew from the moment I stepped on the property to Teen Challenge, before we brought our son, that it was a Holy Spirit filled campus. There was not one ounce of a "mom alert" that said don't send your child. The same feeling I had taking him there is the same feeling I had when he graduated. I know he is going to succeed.

He is a teen, don't get me wrong, but we know have the tools needed and support that we need that was not there before.

Our prayers were definately answered

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Not of This World said...

For those trying to make a decision about sending a loved one to Teen Challenge, voluntarily entering the program, or entering under court order.

Resource clearing house and place for testimonials both favorable and not.

http://vocalizeinprint.blogspot.com/2007/07/teen-challenge-experiences.html

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above four posts by 'anonymous' and the post by "Not of This World' are all being posted by the same exact same person. How do I know this? Because I have seen the exact same posts in the exact same order on many websites that mention Teen Challenge.

Friday, August 10, 2007 5:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teen Challenge in Bonifay

This ranch is off limits to any boy in need of direction and guidance. ABUSE, No parent should consider this ranch since ids are emotionally and physically hurt

Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home