DEATH * BY * METH

This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Carded for Sudafed

Last night I went to our local Walgreens to purchase some "behind the counter" Sudafed for my daughter who is an "recovering" ex meth user. I was very happy to supply them with my driver's license knowing that our state has placed a law into place to try and stop methamphetamine production.

I know there are other ways to get around this hurdle for the meth suppliers but it won't be through this door anymore.

I believe our country has a very long way to go yet to eradicate this drug from our doorsteps, IF ever.

I was also a little nervous giving this medication to my daughter. I felt a twinge of fear handing this over to her knowing the doctor prescribed this for her, but also wondering how this would affect her. Would it send her back into that world of deception and death? I did not know. Luckily she is in group therapy and takes random UAs and is very conscientious now as to what she puts into her body.

I spoke with her today and spent time with her. We discussed how it made her feel and she did not like the anxiety she woke up with at 3 am. We will monitor and she will use it sparingly.

She IS on the road to recovery and doing very very well. I am very proud of her yet I know that this is an addiction and she is well aware of who to stay away from, what situations to stay out of and that she needs to constantly renew her mind to focus on other things that are more important. YEAH for recovery!

Thanks, Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an allergy sufferer, I totally empathize. I wish they'd come out with something that knocked out allergy symptoms AND didn't make people feel all jittery and insomniac...but you're right - I have no problem having them scan my I.D. since I have nothing to hide :o).

My husband and I were just reminiscing about Travis the other day - after four years, it's still hard to believe that I'm not going to run into him the next time I'm visiting my family up north!!

I think about you guys and pray for you often - I know Nate does, too!!

God bless,

Leanne (Kranz) Weber

Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Ky~ said...

This sounds like something my mother and I talked about a few years ago. Your daughter is very lucky to have family to care for her in her recovery. I know that for me personally my family was my saving grace.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home