DEATH * BY * METH

This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ridlon Sentenced, McNeil pleads guilty

Ridlon sentenced, McNeil pleads guilty

Judge: No single person had the courage to stand up and do what was right

Jim RomsaasMesabi Daily NewsTuesday, December 20th, 2005 12:21:35 AM

VIRGINIA — Two more defendants in the Travis Holappa kidnapping and murder case appeared in District Court Monday morning — one for a plea bargain and the other for a sentencing.
Jesse Micah Ridlon, 29, of Makinen was sentenced to 150 months in prison for his role in the crime, even though his attorney claimed Ridlon was less culpable and asked for an 86-month term.
Richard John McNeil, 33, of Aurora pleaded guilty to felony accomplice after the fact/kidnapping and a drug possession charge and will probably be looking at about a six-year sentence based on his criminal history, his attorney Bruce Williams said.
Regarding Ridlon, he agreed to a plea bargain back in January, which included his testimony against murder suspect Frank Miller, 31, of Ely.

What can I say 3 down and 1 to go. All of this does not make me happy. I actually hurts me deep inside. All of these lives destroyed because of Meth. My son will never be returned to me and one day I may even get his remains back after Frank Miller's appeals are completed... It is a deeply felt loss... all the way around. Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home