DEATH * BY * METH

This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Words to Readers

Dear Death By Meth blog readers;

I thought I would take a few minutes today to address some of the responses that have been sent to me regarding this blog and the subject of meth abuse.

First of all, I would like to thank the MANY who have written words of encouragement. They are highly appreciated.

When a person is standing for something they believe is right there will always, ALWAYS be opposition from people who do not think along the same lines. That is okay with me as long as they are not personally abusive, I like to hear all the different view points people have all over the world! And I do hear them.

I do know that not all meth addicts are violent (I believe I stated this in an earlier entry). I do believe there is a small minority that actually get away with being "casual users". I don't know how they accomplish that, but I do acknowledge there are a few of them.

Some people have "suggested" that I do not speak in love or do I have forgiveness in my heart because of my stand against the DRUG meth. I am not against the people... I am against the DRUG meth... I hope that is clear.

Some have "suggested" in their "anonymous" responses that my vision is clouded due to the loss of my son. I do not think my view is clouded as I do walk in forgiveness and love. Have you ever heard of tough love? If your child runs out on the street and refuses to move when you tell him to. What do you do? Let him play because you don't want to hurt his feelings? No, I think not. I think you would go out there and physically remove him and punish him for not listening... for being disobedient. That is tough love.

For those who know me and those who have read this site from the beginning... you know that I walk in forgiveness towards all 4 of the men who were involved in my son's murder. I pray for them and the families they have left behind.

Another thing that I have observed about meth and other drug abusers is that people are VERY good at manipulating others. I hope they taught that to you before you got your LCDC.

I have to wonder about people who think that the "word I sell" is propaganda. That smacks of paranoia which I would also relate to drug use.

I don't agree that meth should be legalized... it cannot be compared to coffee and cigarettes.. coffee and cigarettes are not going to make you neglect your children, or steal from your neighbor to get an item to sell for more meth. A coffee or cigarette is not going to make you become so paranoid that you are constantly looking out the windows for who is watching you or making bombs to bobby trap your little meth production business.

Hey! If you want to think that way, maybe Meth makers should be able to get small business loans too! I mean supply and demand are there right? Of course I am being facicious but come on... let's draw the line in the sand and stand!

I have done that and I won't be moved regardless what anyone says against me.

I hope I will be able to continue to offer educational and well rounded news and view points regarding meth. Please remember... this site is about meth! It is not about Cocaine, Pot, Cigarettes, Coffee or any other stimulant you can think of. I talk about meth.

Thanks. Kim

1 Comments:

Blogger j said...

When you make an entire group of people out to be violent lunatics you're not practicing love and concern for them. Sites like your blog paint a one-sided pt of view of the situation. You say you know that all meth addicts aren't violent people and that you know that some are even able to maintain their use and remain fairly functional somehow, However, when every one of your post contains one article after another about the violence that a meth addict has committed the message you are trying to send to the general public is that all meth addicts are violent! Ok, so I am going to do you a favor, Kim, I will no longer respond to your post and leave "nasty" responses. I really haven't been trying to be ugly!! See, if I didn't think you were probablly a very caring and likeable person I never would have commented on your blog. Your last post made me think that I have hurt your feelings or angered you so I will no longer comment on your blog. I honestly only wish good things for you. Thank you, Danika (p.s. that's not my real name.)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home