DEATH * BY * METH

This is dedicated to Travis Holappa who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered on July 25, 2004 in Northern Minnesota. This was all due to meth. I am Travis' mother and I wish to make this devastation turn into a better thing by educating and exposing the truth about meth, the dangers, and the deadly consequences it brings about to individuals and communities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I want to do what I can to educate people about what is going on around the world with the meth problem. I want people to know about it BEFORE they even get the idea to want to try it. It is a dangerous drug and will ruin your life as well as all those who love you. I am on a mission on behalf of my only son, Travis.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Proposed Law Aims To Secure Credit Card Receipts (California)

There's a new effort to protect your identity from scam artists. A viewer from Oceanside wrote to tell us a local restaurant printed his full credit card number on his receipt -- a violation of state law.

The restaurant says he mistakenly took the merchant copy of the receipt, which is allowed to have the full number, but that could soon change.

A proposed state law would make it a crime to print a complete credit card number on either copy of the receipt.

Jay Foley with the Identity Theft Resource Center says it's about time.

"It's absolutely essential we start thinking of better ways to process transactions without exposing the full number all the way through," Foley said.

Credit card receipts are a favorite tool of methamphetamine users who rely on identity theft to support their habit.

The County Meth Strike Force wants to know if you get a receipt with the full number on it. You can report a business by calling (877) NO-2-METH.

http://www.kfmb.com/features/consumer_alert/story.php?id=50007

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup!
It is really easy to steel our credit card number in restaurant.
I have heard a lot of stories about restaurant credit card number stealing. They do not steel my money, but I really worry about it.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home